Sunday, August 1, 2010

AUGUST EVENTS NEWS!

This is the start of my first posts on this marine blog to help you all know what is going on within the Inland NW.

This month we have the mini hydroplane races on the Pend Oreille River in Iona. Then there is the worlds longest swimming event along Sandpoint Idaho Long Bridge. Then its the Coeur d'Alene Wood Boat Show. And the last event of August is the Sailing the Inland NW - Sailing Festival and Regatta on Lake Coeur d'Alene. Also if you have ever wanted to learn to sail this is the month to do it via It's Tiller Time Sailing School. So check out the calendar at http://www.boatingtheinlandnw.com/ to get more info, etc.

Many of us got a late start to the boating season this year due to all the rain... I grew up on the Washington State coast in Westport WA. The saying there is "if you wait for the rain to stop then you will be waiting a long time." For me I still went boating during the rain but I have to admit even I was starting to go a little nuts with all the rain.

Once the rain did stop I went crazy going to various lakes and so for this season I have been to Potholes Reservoir, Lake Cocolalla, Lake Coeur d'Alene, Lake Pend Oreille, and the Spokane River. For me as a sailor the winds have been pretty consistent. My friends tell me the fishing has been great as well. I will be posting pictures shortly.

If you have had any marine experience you would like to post here please send the text to me at info@boatingtheinlandnw.com and I will check it out... It is my hope we will all use this site to stay connected related to all things marine. I would love to hear about your fishing trips, boating adventures, etc. Remember all stories have to be from within the Inland NW.

Stay tuned I will be updating the Lakes & Rivers Guide related to the Pot Holes Reservoir. Check out the Spokane River section as I just finished that section in the Lakes & Rivers Guide. This winter the plan is to start creating downloadable maps so I will be really busy this winter. Go to www.boatingtheinlandnw.com and click on Lakes & River Guide...

Miles - Boating the Inland NW...

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget